Biab foam up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepcdan99

Reaction score
Have many gallons of brew under my belt, but new too BIAB. Doing my second 3 gallon batch, I waited for the hot break to settle then got side tracked and didnt watch my boil. Because of the small volumn of wort in my kettle, it must have come to a raging boil because, from the look of the side of my kettle, which is a 8gal pot, it had foamed up well past what I had got for the hot break. It didnt boil over but I am wondering if there would be any negative effects on this batch because it foamed up so much. I never have worried about this with larger volume boils as it doesnt come to such a vigerous boil.

that is a bit strange, but i would say you should not see anything from the boil-up. maybe it was just a certain type grain combination used this time that had a reaction. maybe your burner got super hot all of a sudden and caused a raging boil. i don't think it will affect your brew though.

It was definately a raging boil. Kegged it today and it tasted pretty good uncarb'd and unchilled. :rockin:

Maybe it was the? No one knows. Im sure it will be fine. Actually it was Jupiter pulling on mars. Happened to me once.

Back