BIAB Electric Brewery Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 78027

Reaction score
I am working out the details if it makes sense for me to build a clone of the Electric Brewery for a BIAB system. The issue I am trying to resolve is the size of the box. Since I will have fewer controls on the panel and fewer plugs in the bottom I am looking at a 12x8 which would be really tight or a 12x10. I am leaning toward the 12x10 just to have more space.

The issue I am trying to resolve is the depth of the box. The Electric Brewery uses an 8" deep box and wondered if anyone has tried a 6" deep box. I have a space issue and making the box be thinner will save useful space. If it can't be done, I will figure it out.

The box in my avatar pic is a 12x12x8 ($36 at home depot or lowes)... with 6" depth you cant really have anything mounted behind the pids .

I just finished building a simple 120V 20A BIAB control panel in a 10" x 8" x 6" box.

front.jpg

bottom.jpg

inside_door.jpg

inside_panel.jpg

As augiedoggy and Boydric have said component placement is an issue with 6" deep boxes. I had to mount the element relay offset to the right to avoid back of controller.

The controller is the Auber Instruments DSPR310 which combines a mash tempertuature controller, "EZboil" power regulator, and timer in one unit.

@brewasaurus55: Where did you find the switch labels?

Thanks all for the guidance.

Building a 240V ebiab panel as well, went with the 12'' x 10'' x 8"

I am glad to have gone with the 8" as there is still only a little clearance between the PID and the contactors. Lots of space to work in there but still way smaller than it was in my mind before it arrived.

You can probably do it in a 6" but be very careful planning the placement of everything.

Back