Better + Big Mouth Bubbler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbecker

Reaction score
Hello all, thought I would post a couple pics of my new favorite fermenter (excluding conicals!) Simple yet Effective....

I had been using the better bottles with racking adapter. If you haven't used the racking adapters on your fermenters they are great, as transferring and taking gravity samples is a breeze. I use these coupled to the Out post on kegs to transfer after the keg has been purged. Really helps minimize O2.

Then I got a free Big Mouth Bubbler as a giveaway special on NB. The big mouth bubbler is great as it has nice graduated markings and is easy to clean and can double as a nice secondary.

My dilemma, I did not really want to go back to siphon though hated cleaning the carboys... Easy fix - modify the bubbler to accept the racking adapter.

Step 1. Acquire Big Mouth Bubbler
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Step 2. Acquire Better Bottle Racking Adaptor/Valve
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Step 3. You will need a 3/4" hole saw (that's what I used), and drill hole. The strip containing the gallon markers is nice and flat, 1" below first gallon marker will allow racking adaptor to reach all the way to bottom.
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Step 4. Trim any loose edges, attach racking valve.
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back