Best Places to Buy Brewing Hardware?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add, my recent experience with brew international was good and mirrored some of the more recent ones. I put in a small order as this was my first time with this company, and they've had some rather mixed reviews over the past year or so. If you don't mind being patient, this place seemed fine. I got my order in about a week and a half. Mine shipped out of Anaheim, CA instead of the reported Oklahoma.

As per some of the comments, I triple checked all of my information was correct. Everything went off without a hitch. I ordered on a sunday evening, and got an automated e-mail message Monday evening saying that my order was awaiting shipment, and then got another automated e-mail on Wednesday that said my order had shipped. This however was kind of misleading. What it really means is that they printed off a label, or scheduled a pickup since it didn't actually go out until Friday. I received it the following Thursday.

Everything was packaged just fine, the quality is good, and you can't beat the price on the chillers. I got a 25' x 3/8" immersion chiller with welded garden hose fittings, which for some reason is no extra charge on this model. Works like a champ, or at least as well as a 25' x 3/8" immersion chiller can.

Not having heard of Brew International, I did some Interwebs searching and landed on this excellent thread. I pulled the trigger and purchased several picnic taps, an airlock, universal bung, and a couple packs of Safale-05. The pricing was excellent on everything, I had ordered on a Thursday afternoon, tracking number by Friday morning, and received it all with my Monday USPS mail. It was shipped from Oklahoma to Colorado.

Overall, this was a great experience. I tend to shop around for good deals, and they seem to have good deals on equipment... grain and hops can be found elsewhere for less.

:mug:

I was a little concerned at first about brewinternational.com reading all these skeptical reviews. I ordered a Co2 tank 5 gallon keg regulator and a couple random connection parts. I set it up for the new location in Santa Ana CA and they got my stuff all ready for me the next day and was waiting when I walked in. The guy at the store was super cool and they are literally unboxing since its a new shop here in CA. I suggested he make the site a little more user friendlier in terms of info and contacting someone. They are legit and will be ordering from them here on out with the prices.

I also has a bad experience with this company. Bought a magnetic stirrer from them. It worked one time and died. Communicated with them for two weeks to get the problem resolved. They just stopped communicating. I ended up going back to my credit card company to get the matter resolved. Stick with reputable companies that stand behind their products.

www.Brewhardware.com first for me. Mostly because I know Bobby_M on this forum, and he seems like the kind of guy I want to support. He carries the chugger pumps, tons of SS hardware, etc.

For a false bottom, I wouldn't buy from anyone but Jaybird, also a sponsor on this forum (www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com).

For burners, probably Northern Brewer, although I haven't looked for 10 years since I went electric.

I visited the Brew International retail store in Santa Ana this past weekend. It's owned/operated by one guy, he runs the retail and also does all the shipping for online. Really great prices and a good selection, nice guy as well and we chatted for about an hour about his operation. I'll definitely be going back as we really needed a homebrew shop in the OC. I would feel safe ordering online here as well if that helps anyone. I did mention the negative reviews about shipping and cust service on this site and he said that the issues occurred while he was in the middle of moving his business to CA.

After reading the mixed reviews on Brew International, the cheap-ass in me decided to test them out on an 8.5 gallon brew kettle with thermometer and shut-off valve. Here's the link: http://www.brewinternational.com/8-5-gallon-stainless-steel-kettle-with-weldless-valve-thermometer/

I ordered it on the 15th, and I received it this past Saturday (shipped from California to Tennessee for about $22). It looks just like the one in the picture. The lid doesn't quite fit right; there's 2 spots on it that looked like it got slightly squished, so it's not round anymore... but other than that, it looks great. I'll be testing it out this Friday!

Hey all. First post here. So i was looking for a brew kettle at a decent price... An 8 gallon kettle... And came upon the brew international web page. Naturally, since I never heard of themi googled the name and ran upon this forum. At first some of the comments made me somewhat apprehensive to shop there but since I'm from lbc and the store is located in Santa Ana i decided to drive down there. It's a decent sized audio with stacked boxes of kettles and igloo coolers all around. Shelves stocked with all sorts of fittings and your what nots for brewing. Talked to the owner, Chris, for a while and was really pleasant and friendly. He used to be a head brewer for a brewery back east in Vermont. The name off the place escapes me. He says he moved here with his wife back in July and been getting the store together for a few months... Had to do some renovations. I mentioned that i looked the store up on the web and he seemed fully aware of the neg comments. Said they've been trying to get the store together since the move... Away mentioned he owns other stores in OK.
Anywayn the kettle i bought seems nice quality. Heavy steel. He was very helpful I getting the fittings i needed for certain upgrades. I asked him about his pricing and told him these seemed like good deals. He said he doesn't like doing big Mark ups, and that a lot of other brew shops do...
Case in point, but a bazooka filter at brew international for just under 9 bucks. My local hbs was selling the same one for over 20.
Ijs give them a shot. Quality grear. Next up i will test their ingredients since i don't work too far from the shop.

I have placed two orders with Brewinternational. Both orders took a couple days to process but when they shipped it was only 3 days out. I had an issue where they sent me the wrong part on my last order. They ended up shipping me the correct part the next day and told me to keep the part that was shipped accidentally as it wasn't worth the shipping label.

They aren't instantaneous like some places, but they have handled orders and customer service in a reasonable amount of time and in a friendly manner the 2 times I've used them.

Latest posts

Back