Best place to refill a 5 pound co2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalheadfrommars

Reaction score
The place today sold me a used 5 pound tank filled for 70 bucks. And they said it will cost 30 bucks for refill. Is there a cheaper place to look for? I'm in Gainesville ga

Where I live (pretty high cost of living) I can exchange at my local homebrew shop for around $30, exchange at a industrial gas place for $29, or refill for $22 at a fire prevention equipment store. There used to be a place that sold bar supplies that fill or exchanged and I have heard of paint ball ranges/stores that fill or exchange.

FYI, I recently picked up a 15 lb tank and got it filled for the first time for around $37.

I'm wanting a bigger tank but I walk so I have to get what I can carry. I'm still looking at a 20 pounder I'd just take a taxi. They said at the co2 store most there buyers buy co2 to kill chickens. Which kind of scares me. If it kills chickens what does it do to humans

They said at the co2 store most there buyers buy co2 to kill chickens.
images.jpg

Check with your local welding shops for prices. I just swapped my 20lb tank I use to carb beer and it had an expired hydro date at Praxair for $29.

As for using the CO2 to kill chickens, I’m assuming they are putting them in a confined space and displacing the O2.

I'm wanting a bigger tank but I walk so I have to get what I can carry. I'm still looking at a 20 pounder I'd just take a taxi. They said at the co2 store most there buyers buy co2 to kill chickens. Which kind of scares me. If it kills chickens what does it do to humans
It kills humans, too. Of course, like the chickens, the humans would have to be in a confined space in which the atmosphere was almost 100% Co2. :cool: When used to carbonate and serve beer it won’t hurt you. Much.

Latest posts

Back