Best Place to Print Photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What is the best website for photo printing?

Doing about 100 photos as a gift and want someone that does VERY high quality prints.

What is the best website for photo printing?

Doing about 100 photos as a gift and want someone that does VERY high quality prints.

I took a single digital picture, sent it out to a bunch of onlines, looked at the result with eyeball and microscope, and Walmart won. They had an outstanding Fuji printer somewhere in the world that they printed them on, then you pick up at your local store in a few days.

That was at least 5 years ago, so you might consider re-running that experiment. BTW, it was amazing how different the pictures that came back were from each other.

I've had good luck with both CostCo and Walgreens.

Of course, if your digital image is very high quality, it makes the printing much higher quality.

WalMart's lost too many orders over the years for me to ever consider them again.

Locally our Meijer has done a better job with the photos than Wal-mart.

It really depends on who is doing the processing and if the machine is well maintained. Some professional places will tweak the settings to give you the best image, others simply take your photos and press the green button (Hope the machine is in order and your photo is already good to go.)

When I've taken family pictures I've always done my own pre-printing processing on the computer to tweak the crop, contrast, color, etc.

Alphagraphics takes good care of me for work stuff, but I just print large engineering drawings in black and white on regular paper. I have enough faith in them to say I imagine they could do a pretty good job. They can certainly handle volume and FAST too.

Back