Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cities should stop letting teams use their names. Call them the Guardians and then can move wherever they please. They do anyway. Calgary Flames, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Lakers ....

Depending your outlook on BMC beers, this could be a "Best News Headline".
https://www.foodandwine.com/news/molson-coors-discontinued-beers
"Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve is also going to be retired."

of those 11 brands, Henry Weinhard is the only one of note IMHO. for a lot of folks in the pacific northwest, specifically in and around portland, HW was a gateway to craft beer. first brewed in 1976, it was a rare full-flavored, malt-only beer (you could even taste the cascade hops!) at a time when industrial adjunct lager was the only game in town. before SNPA, there was HWPR...

of those 11 brands, Henry Weinhard is the only one of note IMHO. for a lot of folks in the pacific northwest, specifically in and around portland, HW was a gateway to craft beer. first brewed in 1976, it was a rare full-flavored, malt-only beer (you could even taste the cascade hops!) at a time when industrial adjunct lager was the only game in town. before SNPA, there was HWPR...

Quite a few years ago, my mother brought me back a six pack of Henry Weinhard Pale Ale from a trip to Montana to visit my little sister. At the time it was some of the best tasting beer I'd ever had. Between that six pack and some homebrew my kid sister had me sample from a class at Central Michigan University she'd taken for extra credits, I think that's what started me on my own homebrew adventure.

Jeff Alworth has his own obituary :
https://www.beervanablog.com/beervana/2021/8/4/epilogue-henry-weinhards-private-reserve

I spent more than one fine afternoon at Henry's in Portland during my traveling years. Great place, good beer, fond memories.

240392383_4359976947358503_4008241604954511959_n.jpg

HAL Eye.jpg

I noticed you straining a bit this morning. You may need more fiber in your diet.

Nobody asked you, Crap-O-Tron!

Do I need to forward a full copy of your workstation browsing history to your boss?...

Fine....I'll pick up a box of Raisin Bran later today....

I'm glad we could come to an understanding.

View attachment 741422

I noticed you straining a bit this morning. You may need more fiber in your diet.

Nobody asked you, Crap-O-Tron!

Do I need to forward a full copy of your workstation browsing history to your boss?...

Fine....I'll pick up a box of Raisin Bran later today....

I'm glad we could come to an understanding.

"HAL, open the toilet bowl lid."

"I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Oh, S*#t, NOW what do you do?

We are tracking the current Covid blip with city by city sewerage testing.
my county has been doing this for over a year now. i have a friend working for whatever office tracks water quality and she says the main reason they don't advertise this is because the public would freak out if they knew how much authorities learned from sewer effluent (fear of big brother, etc.)...

Latest posts

Back