Best method to make a low alcohol dry beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPiazza

Reaction score
I've been looking through ton of forums and I've been seeing a lot of repetition... Mostly freezing off or heating up final batch. As well load it up with hops or malt to almost suffocate the yeast.. If anyone has any methods or ideas I'd love to hear!!

Thanks for the help and taking the time to read my post !![emoji106]🏻

I guess I don't see the issue. Go with low gravity wort and high attenuating yeast, like a 1.040 wort with a saison yeast. I don't think you need to suffocate the yeast if you just start with a low amount of fermentables.

The wort I'm gonna use is OG 1.0360-1.0368, FG is 1.0020-1.0026, so it's already decently low gravity which is sitting about 4.46%. I'm just curious if there a different way than freezing or heating

The wort I'm gonna use is OG 1.0360-1.0368, FG is 1.0020-1.0026, so it's already decently low gravity which is sitting about 4.46%. I'm just curious if there a different way than freezing or heating

Dilute with water. There's a calculator for that.

Designing the beer to be low ABV from the start will give the best flavor. if you choose to dilute with water take into account on diluting the flavor too.
Many yeast will attenuate fully in a 1.040 wort just like when you make a starter.

Back