Best kraeusen ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bredstein

Reaction score
While it is too early to compare taste, I see the difference between extract/mini-mash and AG right on the first day of fermentation. This is my first AG brew, and it has the best looking (out of 13 non-AG brews) kraeusen. Hard to explain, but it just looks much better - shiny and full of inspiration :) Here are some pics, first through the peep hole, and the other one with the open door of my chamber.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

That does look awesome! Congrats on your first AG brew!

Out of curiosity though, what is this 'chamber' you speak of? I see a bit of it in the pic, but what is it?

That does look awesome! Congrats on your first AG brew!

Out of curiosity though, what is this 'chamber' you speak of? I see a bit of it in the pic, but what is it?

Thank you! As for the chamber, here are some pictures of it. It is a standard design with a few improvements.

Five days later - kraeusen has fallen, everything is clearing up, airlock activity is minimal, and next Friday I am planning to bottle my first AG beer!

IMG_0450.jpg

My?! Well, that was the only elastic thing that my wife could find for me... And I always hoped that the resolution of pictures was too low for anybody to notice it :)

Hey, I don't judge. ;)

But yes, nice work with what you had around the house.

HerbieHowells said:
Way to re-purpose the elastic from your old underwear.

Yeah this. Honestly the first thing that jumped out at me. Oh, and nice beer too :D

Latest posts

Back