Best iPhone Brewing App?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bordy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any reviews about any of these before I spend money on one. Mahalo!

I use an Android, so I can't comment specifically, but if the iPhone BeerSmith app functions anything like the Android version then it's well worth the investment, though I am not sure if you need to own it on PC/Mac to get the full functionality from the app. Brewer's Friend is nice, though you have to pay for the service and the app. I think there are some free apps that provide essentially the same functionality as BeerSmith, though I wouldn't know what they are since it's been about 5 years since I owned an iPhone.

Sorry, l can't help. Just subscribing to see what others have to say.

I use Beersmith 2 in tandem with the desktop version and love it. In addition, I use BrixCalc, BJCPStyles, MrMalty, and BeerJudge. Love them all.

I use brew toad. It isn't in the App Store but you can save the website to your icons just like an app. It's free and is good enough for what you need. It dosent dive deep into yeast calculations or water chemistry but it works good enough.

The only one I like is ibrewmaster. All the apps do the same thing. This one just seems to make more sense.

I use BrewPal. I can't justify $8 for BrewSmith yet.

BrewPal is better than it used to be. But it still bugs me that they removed the ability to adjust the temperature of boiling water additions for step or decoction mashing.

Sorry, I don't live at sea level. I live at 5500-feet at water boils at 200F. 12F makes a big difference on volume additions.

ibrewmaster and bjcp are my favorite so far. I did just start using beersmith on the pc so I will probably pic up the mobile app as well.

I have used brewpal since it came out and really like it. I recently bought the BeerSmith app to go along with BeerSmith 2 on my PC. I don't feel like I got my $8 worth out of it, if it was half that price I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Thanks, it sounds like Brew Pal will be where I go for now, especially at a quarter of the price.

Can't go wrong with Brew Pal. I love that I can build recipes on my ipad and they show up on my phone. No extra charge synced to iCloud.

When I go to the LHBS I can use the recipe as my shopping list.

I use BrewPal. I can't justify $8 for BrewSmith yet.

BrewPal is better than it used to be. But it still bugs me that they removed the ability to adjust the temperature of boiling water additions for step or decoction mashing.

Sorry, I don't live at sea level. I live at 5500-feet at water boils at 200F. 12F makes a big difference on volume additions.

VERY good point!

Back