Best homebrew related item on amazon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
I asked my LDS sister for a gift card to AHS for Christmas and of course she didn't approve or get it for me instead I got a $50 gift card to amazon wondering what the best beer recipe kit brand I could buy off amazon is also other Homebrew products worth it on amazon. I found this and was wondering all your options on if it would be easy to put in a Rubbermaid cooler. http://www.fermentationtrap.com/1465.html

NordeastBrewer77 said:
are you asking if that would be good for a cooler type mash/lauter tun?

Yes and would it be manageable installment for someone who has never done it before

Looks usable to me. That mesh might collapse under bigger grainbills, but plenty of people use them with no trouble. Plenty of good brewing related stuff on Amazon. Good thing your sister wasn't able to foil your devious scheme to make the devil water. (I have inlaws that, while of a different persuasion as far as religion goes, share you sister's opinion about brewing.)

edit:

Yeah, the intallation is a snap. Just make sure to get the washer on the inside of the cooler situated well, so it doesn't leak.

that's what i was thinking, dj. the grain bed would flatten that out and the sparge would stick.

@ the OP, that would be something you'd want in a false bottom brew kettle or maybe a false bottom fermenter. it'd be easy enough to do yourself if you have the tools and a bit of DIY ambition. for a MLT, you'd probably want something like copper tubing instead of mesh.

Dumb question - what do LDS and AHS mean?

Edit - just realized the AHS was American Homebrew Supply

Jtd6628 said:
I asked my LDS sister for a gift card to AHS for Christmas and of course she didn't approve or get it for me instead I got a $50 gift card to amazon wondering what the best beer recipe kit brand I could buy off amazon is also other Homebrew products worth it on amazon. I found this and was wondering all your options on if it would be easy to put in a Rubbermaid cooler. http://www.fermentationtrap.com/1465.html

Since she is LDS, you could always spend the money on Mylar bags, or a vacuum sealer, or food grade plastic buckets. Then tell her you are starting on the plan to have a 6 month supply of grains. :)

copyright1997 said:
Since she is LDS, you could always spend the money on Mylar bags, or a vacuum sealer, or food grade plastic buckets. Then tell her you are starting on the plan to have a 6 month supply of grains. :)

That's funny I like it!

Latter Day Saints aka Mormons. Fastidiously anti-booze.

I've heard of people using those braids, at least for a while. You just have to be careful not so mash them with your paddle or load too big of grainbills on it. Other options that are used is a water heater supply braid or a manifold. Either way, that valve will be usable.

LIKE! Hahahaha! My in laws are LDS,except for my wife and her youngest brother. They have a basement full of food that they don't touch. Crazy. Just in case somebody needs it.

:off:There is a lot of the LDS teaching that makes sense to me, but no beer and no coffee mean NO DEAL!

djfriesen said:
Does this post pass a logic test? I love comical missed keystrokes :D

So yeah I originally meant Mormon noticed it before I posted it but thought it was funny so I went with it.

I asked my LDS sister for a gift card to AHS for Christmas and of course she didn't approve or get it for me instead I got a $50 gift card to amazon wondering what the best beer recipe kit brand I could buy off amazon is also other Homebrew products worth it on amazon. I found this and was wondering all your options on if it would be easy to put in a Rubbermaid cooler. Weldless Spigot - Stainless - Fermentation Trap

Do you use or have a LP burner yet? Amazon just dropped their price on the Bayou SQ14 to $45. I bought a secoond one so I could have two brews going at the same time.

I have used that mesh screen in one of my coolers before and I had to adjust the gap setting on barely crusher. Many of the smaller pieces from the grain would make it through a screen that size so I switched back to using a braided water supply line hose to filter out the grain. I am not saying that this screen won't work in a mashtun but it will just depend on how fine the grain crush is and how much voloaf steps you want to do before you get clear runnings.

Get a bunch of wyeast. It's about $5 each tyd when you buy like 4.

I used to but exclusively from ebay back in the last two decades. Now I buy most things on amazon. It's where it's at.

Latest posts

Back