Best counter pressure bottle fillers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapae

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the Best counter pressure bottle filler to fill bottles from a keg?

I have an iTap and I think it is awesome. I hear people say they love the tapcooler, but then the same people go on and on about the different issues they have with it or accommodations they have to make for it and it leaves me scratching my head. ITap you just need to decide if you are going to mount it in your keezer or make a dedicated external mount for it. Super easy to get the hang of and once you do you can bottle with pretty much 0 waste And easily cap on foam everytime.

I went the dedicated external mount root and made a little station with my capper that I keep on a stainless cart.
D732EC75-FFFB-487C-824A-264EE2A4873A.jpeg

1A8AF6F3-702E-4AA1-9407-D07349868370.jpeg

I have the Big Three — Blichmann Beer Gun, Tapcooler, and the Boel iTap. For a quick fill, nothing beats the Tapcooler. Setup and cleanup on the other two is significantly more effort. That said, 80% of the time, I use my iTap now. It has the highest learning curve and highest amount of initial setup effort, but it works really well.

I’ve mounted mine to a flat steel bar which extends about 4” to either side. There are holes drilled through each side of the bar to allow it to be bolted to whatever I want. I put threaded inserts into the collar of my keezer and also into a short section of 2x2 pine, which I can lay between two foldable plastic sawhorses which have a factory-provided cutouts where I can insert the 2x2. That way, it’s portable. I just bolt the steel bar to the collar or 2x2 with a pair of threaded knobs. Today, I bottled in my garage where I have a few kegs just chilling. The key to minimizing foam for me with both the iTap and Tapcooler was to be sure to FULLY pressurize the bottle before opening the tap.

I haven’t used the beer gun in a few years now. It’s more for high volume, IMO, and it foams no matter what I do.

Back