Benefits of Early Morning Brewing, #42

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnright00

Reaction score
#42 The hose water in the morning is cold enough that I don't have to run my IC through a pre-chiller!

Just brewed my first early morning batch today (started around 8, finished by 11:30) and the best part was my wort chilled down to pitching temps in about 15 minutes. Usually I run it for about 20 min, then switch to a submersible pump in an ice bath for another 15.

Bonus!! :mug: :ban:

I always aim to be heating strike water no later than 7am. Especially in football season, I hate to be trying to clean up in the middle of a great game. As they say, there are three major football conferences: the AFC, the NFC, and the SEC.

#42 The hose water in the morning is cold enough that I don't have to run my IC through a pre-chiller!

Just brewed my first early morning batch today (started around 8, finished by 11:30) and the best part was my wort chilled down to pitching temps in about 15 minutes. Usually I run it for about 20 min, then switch to a submersible pump in an ice bath for another 15.

Bonus!! :mug: :ban:

Kansas City, anytime of of day October - April, cold water from my faucet is ~55 degrees :) Sorry just had to rub that in to you Cali folk lol :fro:

I prefer early morning brew sessions and I was planning on doing that yesterday but that didn't happen. I didn't get to start until late in the afternoon and pitched around 11 PM. Needless to say, I got it to pitching temps in no time at all.

DannPM said:
Kansas City, anytime of of day October - April, cold water from my faucet is ~55 degrees :) Sorry just had to rub that in to you Cali folk lol :fro:

Uhm, yeah. Cold water is great and all, but I was brewing in December, at 8 in the morning.... In shorts. :-D

I was gonna wear flip flops, but my toes were a little bit chilly. Just had to rub that in....

Latest posts

Back