Beltway Brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marchborne

Reaction score
Just got back into brewing a few months ago, after a few years off. With my equipment, mainly trying 1 gallon test batches in all-grain, and 5 gallon extract/partial mash for daily brews (stuck using stove-top for now).

Please be advised: my 6-year old son winds up naming most of my beers (he helps brew, he gets to name it), so expect lots of dinosaur-related names.

Thanks, and looking forward to the forums!

Latest batches: IPA, English ale.

Conditioning: Kolsch
Fermenting: pseudo-bock (used ale yeast).

Welcome back! Hopefully we'll also see some named something like Red Rackham's Red Ale. :D

I like the idea that you are involving your son in the brewing process and that he gets to name them. I am curious as to what the names are. It should be fun.
And welcome back to the hobby.

Mark

He's a good help, and likes to add the hops, and Irish moss -- stirring is always a hit, unless he's tired. Since I brew on the stovetop, he stands on a stool -- it was a good starting point for a lot of kitchen-safety related lessons.

A few names from recent batches, which are usually puns from brewing related things we match up:

A hoppy IPA= Tricerahops (I am thinking of running with this one, and using three separate hops in the IPA -- any suggestions?);

A Belgian golden ale became ALEasaurus (because Allosaurus is "awesomer" than even T-rex);

The pseudo-bock is up for debate, but the current leader is "TitanoBock," based on the new Titanoboa documentary/exhibit at the Smithsonian.

And yes, we even have one Tintin reference: "The Secret of the UniCORNY." That one happened when I was reading Zymurgy, and the Boyo asked what was in the picture (Cornelius kegs), and after a lot of discussion, "corny kegs" were determined to be hilarious to the 6-yr. old mentality.

Cheers, and thanks for the welcomes, it's good to be back in brew.
:mug:

Latest posts

Back