Bell's Hopslam (2014)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjshearer1

Reaction score
Starting to ship out next week!

From their blog post:

ef302e966c91c0eca0ce59553f9deb2a.jpg

Another Hopslam season is upon us! And we know a lot of our fans are excited to see its return.

Below are answers to some of the more commonly asked questions about our seasonal double IPA.

Q: When/where will Hopslam be available?

A: Some availability is dependent on when distributors from each area are able to pick it up at our brewery, but Hopslam will make it to all states we currently distribute to.

It will start shipping to areas in Michigan the week of Jan. 6.

It will begin shipping to Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri, Ohio and Arizona the week of Jan. 13.

It will then start shipping to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Kentucky and Pennsylvania the week of Jan. 20.

Our Event Calendar already has quite a few release events listed. (We will add more as we get them finalized.)

You can also check our Beer Finder. Please keep in mind, the beer will have to travel first to our distributors and then make its way to bars, restaurants and retailers before it will show up in the Beer Finder. Please be patient when checking with your local establishment for more detailed information.

Q: When will it be available at the Eccentric Café/Bell’s General Store in downtown Kalamazoo?

A: It is available now.

Q: Is there more this year?

A: We are trying to brew more but won’t know the final numbers until it’s all packaged and shipped.

Q: Will there be Hopslam mini-kegs?

A: No there will not.

Q: Can I buy a keg for my home bar/kegerator?

A: Sorry, no. All kegs are reserved for bars and restaurants. This is done to spread as much as possible of this very popular beer to as many of our fans as we can.

--

http://bellsbeer.com/blog/241-Hopslam_2014__Shipping_dates__release_parties_and_availability

New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously. Buddy of mine who works for local distro and went to the brewery to bid when they expanded upstate said Laura Bell explicitly told him no Hopslam this year due to production issues. Welcome announcement today.

its hilarious when this hits philly. most places sell by the bottle. no 6 packs any longer. it's absolutely silly.

If I have no access to Hopslam, how long do I have to trade for it? Will there be a few batches over a couple months or do I have to get on the ball soon?

Just came to post that too JulianB - the details make it sound even more mind numbingly dumb:

"The photo purports to show an employee of Growl waiting to check out and pay for an entire U-boat of Bell’s Hopslam at a Clintonville Giant Eagle located about a mile from the SG shop, the implication being that SG intended to resell what their employee had purchased at retail. That’s illegal, if it’s true."

I get stores can make a bunch of money selling the more desirable beer but I don't see how it could possibly be worth risking your license and/or business over it.

Just came to post that too JulianB - the details make it sound even more mind numbingly dumb:

"The photo purports to show an employee of Growl waiting to check out and pay for an entire U-boat of Bell’s Hopslam at a Clintonville Giant Eagle located about a mile from the SG shop, the implication being that SG intended to resell what their employee had purchased at retail. That’s illegal, if it’s true."

I get stores can make a bunch of money selling the more desirable beer but I don't see how it could possibly be worth risking your license and/or business over it.
The funny thing is, the "mark up" with price that Growl is supposedly selling Hopslam at, they stand to profit about $400 some dollars on this beer since they paid retail prices instead of the normal wholesale prices. I think they will realize how bad they've screwed up just to get an extra 400 bucks.

The funny thing is, the "mark up" with price that Growl is supposedly selling Hopslam at, they stand to profit about $400 some dollars on this beer since they paid retail prices instead of the normal wholesale prices. I think they will realize how bad they've screwed up just to get an extra 400 bucks.

Yea that's exactly what I mean. I'm sure there's an allure to being the store or bar who always has the goods, but the actual financial benefits don't make any sense. Like there was a bar in NYC that got busted a while back for selling New Glarus Moon Man. WTF were they thinking?

Yea that's exactly what I mean. I'm sure there's an allure to being the store or bar who always has the goods, but the actual financial benefits don't make any sense. Like there was a bar in NYC that got busted a while back for selling New Glarus Moon Man. WTF were they thinking?
It does get people into their door if they are THE place in town to get it. From what I understand, they have plenty of competition around town though. Unfortunately I see nothing coming from this, and people will continue to shop there.

this place is the worst. i've avoided going since the first week, and there's a ton of competition within a 1 mile radius. first time in, i tried to get a growler of braumeister pils and clearly received some sort of coffee beer--they tried to tell me i was wrong and that pilsners were often dark and tasted like coffee. never again. ****ing savor growl.

Why is this **** so hard to find this year?

I didn't go out the exact day it went on sale and it all seems to have vanished. Last year, I recall getting it several days later without an issue.

kHh9oX3.jpg

Back