Bells Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodspe1968

Reaction score
I want to brew a clone of Double Two Hearted but am not sure how to adjust the hop schedule. Using the base recipe, from Bells, for Two Hearted I've calculated I need about 21 lbs base malt and 15 oz of hops. Regular Two Hearted has 45 and 30 min additions plus dry hop. I don't think just upping the X 2.5 is going to get me where I want to be. Any advice? Anyone else tried to clone this one?

Attachments

• Two_Hearted_All_Grain_Recipe_ef65c8aa-88bc-444e-a4f2-449991b94993.pdf
    386.1 KB · Views: 16
Question: I've had two hearted but not Double...
How would you describe the differences in aroma? Is it just stronger or is it different in some way?
Is the color darker? Any big differences in mouthfeel?
IMHO, big picture is best to nail down before starting to guess ingredients...
Do you have access to the bells strain? I think they released it thru Omega or another relatively big supplier..

Question: I've had two hearted but not Double...
How would you describe the differences in aroma? Is it just stronger or is it different in some way?
Is the color darker? Any big differences in mouthfeel?
IMHO, big picture is best to nail down before starting to guess ingredients...
Do you have access to the bells strain? I think they released it thru Omega or another relatively big supplier..

Haven't had it in nearly a year... as I remember it's a little darker in color with a fuller mouthfeel... BU:GU is higher... I attached recipe for Two Hearted from Bells website on original post... 1.5 X grain bill gets me to target of 11% and the label on Double Two Hearted says they use 2.5 X the hops...

Back