Belle Saison - 1.000 FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly2378

Reaction score
I've used this yeast twice now. Same grain bill both times. First batch got down to 1.006, but the one I bottled tonight hit 1.000. The one difference I can pinpoint is ferm temp. First batch was brewed over the winter, when I couldn't raise my temps as high (low 70s). Second batch was brewed in May and has sat in our boiler room since then, with an ambient temp of 80+. Sample at bottling tasted great. Very dry, of course, with a slight tartness and some expected saison spice/funk. Looking forward to sampling it when it's fully carbed.

I'm brewing a batch of Saison this week. I'm glad to hear you like this yeast. I'm splitting the batch with 565, 3711, and Belle Saison. I'll be fermenting with an ambient of 70 and will let it rise to 80.

I'm brewing a batch of Saison this week. I'm glad to hear you like this yeast. I'm splitting the batch with 565, 3711, and Belle Saison. I'll be fermenting with an ambient of 70 and will let it rise to 80.

Yep Bell Sasion almost always attenuates down to next to nothing. Btw, I've heard that 3711 and belle sasion yeast are the same thing. It'll be interesting to see how those two turn out. Please post with results!

I'm not sure Belle Saison is the same as 3711. I've done plenty with French Saison and used Belle Saison in a recent brew and found it doesn't really have a great deal of taste to it. It's just as dry but lacking a bit in the flavour department IMO.

I'll probably keep a sachet aside in case of emergency but I can't see myself choosing it over the other types of saison yeast on the market.

Yep Bell Sasion almost always attenuates down to next to nothing. Btw, I've heard that 3711 and belle sasion yeast are the same thing. It'll be interesting to see how those two turn out. Please post with results!

I have used both many time and to me they are not the same yeast. Both are very hungry yeasts. and will finish low, but the flavor is no where near the same.

Back