beginning keg for beer & soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba_Steve81

Reaction score
Hello,
I am brand new to kegging. I have read up on the basics. What I am unclear of is what is additionally required to hook multiple kegs up to the same co2 tank.

I am under the impression that different beers require different amounts of pressure.

Also, is it feasible to add an additional soda keg to the system? Can you just fill it with syrup you can buy in bags along with purified water?

Thanks!

You'll need multiple regulators/gauges, one for each, to dial in your carbing. Will you be carbing/conditioning several different at the same time? Will all kegs be in the same fridge? Temperature will effect the time to carb.

Once the beers carb, and you want to dispense them, the temp and pressure won't be as critical. The pressure used will only be to deliver them to your glass.

They will all be in the same fridge, and all will be at different stages of carbing/serving.

I have been doing more reading. Seems I should be able to buy a double gauge, then add additional single gauge regs on the inlet side using couplers.

I also read that many people carb at serving pressure, although this can take about 2 weeks to carb up. Will this work with high carb beers like hefs?

I assume I at least need a second reg for soda. Correct? Or does it operate at the same serving pressure?

Back