beginner kegerator + tower build questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdaddy

Reaction score
Working on my first kegerator (sanyo 4912 conversion) and have a few questions.

a) I ordered a chrome tower and got it fitted with perlicks when it was sent to me. If I want to take out the taps and connected hose (for easier installation of the tower which I'm having issues with now) do I just unscrew the perlicks counter clockwise? It feels really tight and I don't want to break it by forcing something, so just wondering if there's some special way for removing the taps from the tower, or you just need to force it (maybe even use a wrench?)

b) In the process of the build I've gotten my tower filthy. Anything you guys use to clean it to make it sparkle again?

c) The set came built with 5ft of hose. My first batch is biermuncher's cream of 3 crops ale, and I love my beer cold (contrary to most here) :) so I'll have my fridge setting at around 36-38 or so, likely. Is 5ft too short for that temp for around 12psi or will it automatically foam?

a) use a facuet wrench most are clockwise I believe
b) use anything that cleans chrome if you are really worried, but water and a good microfiber towel should work
c)I have less than 5ft on both mine and are fine, you can always adjust the serving pressure... RDWHAHB

Back