Beginner HERMS question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExHempKnight

Reaction score
(I originally posted this in the beginner's section, but figured it would get more answers here. Mods/admins feel free to delete the beginner's section post)

I tend to have a lot of down time at work. Tonight I decided to use it wisely, and put what's been running through my head into something visual (and get paid while I'm doing it).

The system I have in mind is a 2-tier using 3 converted kegs. I plan on heating the HLT and BK with 240V ~5000 watt elements, each controlled by an Auber PID. Fluid flow is handled by 1 pump, 6 3-way ball valves, 2 regular ball valves, a float valve, and a metering valve. Wort on it's way to the fermenter from the BK is cooled by a CFC.

Just looking to get some feedback... Feel free to point out any flaws that need remedied, any improvements that can be made, or even if I did anything revolutionary (doubtful lol).

It might be kinda small, so sorry if it's hard to see. But anyways, without further ado:

stpry67e6xdhfo15bcy.gif

Back