• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Beginner 10 gallon all grain setup keggle burner mash tun $100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question, do you guys think the price is fair?

I haven't had a single hit on Craigslist or here.

I figure a keg shell (uncut) is ~$50, ball valve assembly was $20, burner ~$20, cooler $25, ball valve for cooler $10, cpvc for mash tun ~$5

So $130 not including the labor to setup the keggle and mash tun assembly.

Honestly, I think if the keg shell didn't have the paint on it I'd probably have it sold! haha

Seems reasonable, but I am in PA and the shipping would be more expensive than the items. :)

Thanks guys. I understand why I'm not getting hits on here since it's local only but I'm surprised I haven't heard anything on CL.

I had keywords already in my ad. Oh well I guess I'll just be patient and keep renewing the ad.

That should sell for $100 no problem. Add more pics and also at this time of year try to sell it as a cooler to brine your turkey and and a fryer that will cook more than one bird at a time.

Think like a salsmen and you might get $200 for it. Sell ice to alaska, oil to texas, oranges to fl, sand to az, and solar power "farmed" in othet states to ca

Will those gaskets hold up when frying a turkey?!?!?

I dont know what you have for gaskets now but silicone o-rings or copper washer gaskets will take that temp no problem.

Im not saying to be a used car salsman but if somebody buys this to fry a turkey, they will have some DIY in them and just tell them it might an upgrade in o-rings for that kind of temp.

Keep posting to cl and fb. Is there a local buy sell trade fb page to post to.

It has the flat red silicone washer/o-ring, a washer then a nut on the inside.

Quick search says those o-rings can withstand 450 degrees. I think 350 would be max for a turkey fryer.

Back