BeerSmithConversions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
BS drives me crazy.
Creating a recipe I have to use decimals of lbs
The recipe shows lbs and oz
The shopping list is back to decimals.

Anyway around this?

Enter the recipe as "x lbs y oz" and the program will convert it all for you. If you prefer to work in a different unit, you can click on 'options' then 'units' and change the units and precision you want to see in your recipes.

Enter the recipe as "x lbs y oz" and the program will convert it all for you.

At least in the app this doesn't work. You have to put in 1.5 if you want 1lb 8oz. I have no idea why he doesn't add an oz box, drives me nuts trying to dial in oz in Beersmith.

If you prefer to work in a different unit, you can click on 'options' then 'units' and change the units and precision you want to see in your recipes.

If you do this then it displays in oz only. So 1.5# is 24oz, 10# is 160oz. Equally as annoying!

At least in the app this doesn't work. You have to put in 1.5 if you want 1lb 8oz. I have no idea why he doesn't add an oz box, drives me nuts trying to dial in oz in Beersmith.

If you do this then it displays in oz only. So 1.5# is 24oz, 10# is 160oz. Equally as annoying!

The solution is to use metric! :D

Indeed so now when I go to order my supplies I have to divide the oz number by 16 as the scale at the HBS works with lbs and oz. And don't even talk about metric to this "old man". LOL

Indeed so now when I go to order my supplies I have to divide the oz number by 16 as the scale at the HBS works with lbs and oz. And don't even talk about metric to this "old man". LOL

LOL! As another 'old' man, I prefer to work in metric as it is much, much easier to do conversions. I have worked with both standard and metric for so long, I do most of the conversions in my head.

Back