Beersmith Water make up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude123

Reaction score
I downloaded my local water departments water report but it does not have most of the stuff that beersmith asks for, i.e. bicarbonates, calcium, and I think a few others. How would I get this information?

I think you have two options:

Call the utility and talk to a chemist, or take a sample and send to a water lab. Where in MA are you?

Dracut, right next to lowell. I would send it to a lab but how much would that cost me? The thing with calling the water company is my house's water is from a private water tank that only supplies my neighborhood.

Dracut, right next to lowell. I would send it to a lab but how much would that cost me? The thing with calling the water company is my house's water is from a private water tank that only supplies my neighborhood.

But what is the source of the water in the tank? If it's well water, then you'll probably need an outside analysis.

That is a good question I am not sure where the water comes from. I know that Dracut gets a large portion of their water from Lowell. I should probably look into this.

Latest posts

Back