Beersmith Mobile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerome Sidley

Reaction score
Is there a way in the IPad version to have a water profile from a recipe input my water profile and have it tell me what to add to match I've searched the web but everything seems to be for the desktop version.

Thanks

Really not, unfortunately. When using these tools, you can increase Calcium by adding CaCl, CaSO4 and CaOH, and you'd use those differently depending if you also wanted to change Cl, SO4 or just Ca.

It may not be "right" but my method is to add MgSO4 (Epsom) until my Mg is right. Then I up CaSO4 CaCL CaOH (yeah, hunt and trial and error) until SO4, Cl and Ca are close. Then I add acid to get to the pH. But these things are only as good as the models and different models give different answers. It's helpful to read the sticky here in the Brew Science forum for a simpler start to things. One man's opinion.

I'm note sure the mobile version has the same functionality as the PC version. I know PC version 3 has improved water tools and you can load your base water profile then select a target profile and the software will calculate what you need to match that target and place those elements directly into your recipe design tab. I have the mobile version on an iPad but I haven't dug around deep enough to see if it has the same water tool or not.

Back