beersmith mash temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neptune

Reaction score
I'm trying to input my mash temp on beersmith and the only place I can seem to find a place to input this is "sparge temp" on the "mash" tab.

I'm doing biab with no sparge. Is this the only place I can input a mash temperature?

I'm trying to input my mash temp on beersmith and the only place I can seem to find a place to input this is "sparge temp" on the "mash" tab.

I'm doing biab with no sparge. Is this the only place I can input a mash temperature?

In the recipe click on the mash tab.

You can select a mash profile or make your own from scratch (easier to do that IMO). Giv the mash profile a name starting with 1 and it will always be on the top of the list and edit it each brew as needed or make a few different profiles depending on you needs.

Add a step with the "add step" tool

Double click on any step to edit a step.

Works for temperatures, infusions, decoctions, no problem. Just keep tweaking it till you get it the way you want.

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 11.35.19 PM.png

Shameless plug. [Priceless' BiabCalc Testing page](http://pricelessbrewing.github.io/BiabCalc/TestingA) Is my BIAB mash calculator. It is a lot more user friendly, and was designed specifically because beersmith is so freaking convulted, and all the other biab calculators aren't very good IMO. So I made my own :rockin:

With that said, if you REALLY want to play with BS2 mash profiles...

Mash tab, Change your Mash profile to the best fit (BIAB full/medium/low body) then click the little button that looks like a piece of paper with a check list. Don't forget to change your "tun temperature" to 160~ and make sure you change your equipment profile as well in order to change your boil off rate and brew kettle size, and any sparging that is necessary/wanted. Also go to Tools/options/units and change your BIAB grain absorption to 0.64 fl oz/oz (0.08 gal/lb)

Also, not very many people use this, so make sure you write down any brew day notes in the BS2 Notes tab. Record every volume (I measure using a metal ruler), take gravity readings throughout your bew day if you can (refractometers are the best), and any issues you had.

Ok thanks, I got it... Using the full version (free trial), trying to figure it out. I wanted to use it as a reference. If I ever want to go back and look at a particular recipe I want to see what I did for temperature and length of the mash.

Still not sure if I'm happy with the software or not. Going through the learning curve... Thanks for the help!

I'll have to take a look at yours, priceless.

Back