BeerSmith Do/Help, pretty please :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krbrumma

Reaction score
I... ahh.. don't have beersmith (and can't figure out beer tools pro - - Mac).. and have a brew scheduled for tomorrow.... My original recipe is out the window, it was an online recipe. The brew shop ran out of a particular type of grain that i needed.. so i improvised :D

If any one has some free time and doesn't mind plugin it in this is what i got

I was thinking a 90 min mash due to pils n such, 10+/- Gallon batch

Grain:
10 lbs Wheat Malt
1.5 lbs Aromatic Malt
7 lbs Pilsner Malt
.5 lb Flaked Maize
1 lb Munich Malt 10L
1 lb Munich Malt (Standard)
1 lb Crystal Malt 120L
.5 lb Rice Hulls
.5 lb Breiss Chocolate malt

**The grain is already ground and together minus the 1/2 choclate**
So no possible changes except a late addition of chocolate, probably at 60 mins

Hops:
3 oz Tettnang Pellet 3.9%
1 oz Saaz Pellet 3.3%

**I'm open to most hop additions, however i'm looking to style it more towards a Dunkleweizen. And have considered a mild dry hop as well(off style) maybe just to five gallons. I'm looking at the Saaz around last 15 to five, but any suggestions will be well taken into consideration...**

Yeast/Starter:
Hefeweizen IV Ale Yeast - WLP380 x2
with a tad of nute blend
in 1lb of Pilsen Light DME

- i'm running whatever recipe i get... and if i happen to get more then one then i guess i'll choose.. haha :cross:

Thanks all for looking,

Kyle :mug:

If your local i'll pitch you a brew

I have to catch a bus in 5 minutes, so I can't punch it all in. But info you get out of Beersmith is also dependent on your equipment. You can download a free trial of it that lasts 21 days.

:/ I'm on a mac. The guy i used to brew with had beersmith and it was great, but his wife is cutting out his brewing time to 6-7 times yearly.. so he only does big (15 gal) batches now.

Ne way, i've got 2-15 gal kettles, one with a whirlpool fitting. I also have a blue igloo rolling cooler for a 15 gal mash tun with manifold. I have all sight gages and temperature probes. N a immersion wort chiller. My water type will be a pilsner style, (wally world).

Type: All Grain
Date: 3/24/2011
Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Brewer:
Boil Size: 11.45 gal Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: My Equipment
Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0 Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00
Taste Notes:

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
0.50 lb Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM) Adjunct 2.17 %
10.00 lb Wheat Malt, Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 43.48 %
7.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 30.43 %
1.50 lb Aromatic Malt (26.0 SRM) Grain 6.52 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM) Grain 4.35 %
1.00 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 4.35 %
1.00 lb Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 4.35 %
0.50 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.17 %
0.50 lb Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 2.17 %
1.00 oz Saaz [3.30 %] (60 min) Hops 5.5 IBU
3.00 oz Tettnang [3.90 %] (60 min) Hops 19.5 IBU

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.061 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.010 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.016 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.94 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.65 %
Bitterness: 25.0 IBU Calories: 43 cal/pint
Est Color: 18.3 SRM Color: Color

:/ I'm on a mac. The guy i used to brew with had beersmith and it was great, but his wife is cutting out his brewing time to 6-7 times yearly.. so he only does big (15 gal) batches now.

Ne way, i've got 2-15 gal kettles, one with a whirlpool fitting. I also have a blue igloo rolling cooler for a 15 gal mash tun with manifold. I have all sight gages and temperature probes. N a immersion wort chiller. My water type will be a pilsner style, (wally world).

Bummer! Didn't realize Beersmith doesn't work on macs. That's enough reason for me to choose Windows! :D

earwig said:
If you have an iPhone or ipad there are many home brewing apps that will do what you're looking for. I like BrewPal.

This evening I just bought iBrewMaster for iPad and it seems nice. This is then first time in bought brewing software and only working towards my second batch of beer, but the application seems intuitive.

I have BrewPal for the iPhone and find it to meet all of my needs at this time. Eventually I may upgrade but for now I am happy

Cool thanks guys! This helps a lot, I'll check out all the above suggested I-brew apps. Thank you Begin2 for the Print out!

I think you should give beer tools pro another shot, i think you'll find it's pretty awesome if you take the time and just learn it, there are a bunch of tutorials out there.

This one should get you started and atleast be able to guide you through the answers you were looking for in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back