Beersmith brewlog/taste rating features

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
Any of you brewers use Beersmith's Brew Log feature and then rate your creations with the Taste Rating?

It's pretty awesome looking back over a couple years being able to sort every brew by taste rating. I don't remember drinking some of them, but apparently they were pretty awesome and need to be brewed again!

I don't use the rating feature, but do put my tasting notes in the dialog box provided. I also use the brew log feature to track brews. I can copy over the recipes that I want to brew for a season and get them on the calendar for reference. Then, once brewed, I move them into a sub-folder labeled 'fermenting'. Once done and bottled, the recipe gets moved into another sub-folder of the brew log for finished brews for that year. I found by keeping the folders in the brew log folder the recipes still appear in the calendar, so I can use that to reference back in time on the order of brewing.

Back