Beersmith 3 Water additions accuracy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Also posted on Beersmith Forum

New to water additions, I am comparing BS3 to BRU'n Water v5.5. They are WAY off from each other.
So as a new guy to water additions, which one do I trust? (This happened on several different water profiles)
I do know that BS3 does not have all the additions that Bru'n Water has. So when I was comparing the two, I made sure to use the same additions between the two programs, to at least TRY to make sure I was comparing apples to apples.

Also, has the lactic acid / PH calculations been fixed? I believe I read that it should be set for 145% until it is fixed?

As Oginme stated on the Beersmith forum there isn't much information here to give an answer. And if there is anyone who can answer Beersmith questions he's the guy (aside from Brad Smith of course). You might want to do a topic search over there because I am sure I have seen similar questions and answers in the past.

Back