Beers brought back from Denver NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
I didn't want this to get lost in the "right now I'm drinking" thread because I wanted to pay special attention to those beers that I acquired fom my good friends at NHC in Denver. First up is a beer that Dude brought out from Duclaw Brewing.

Venom - They list this as an American Pale Ale on their sight. It drinks bigger than a pale to me. (This is Venom right Dude?) Perfect balance of malt and hops. Medium body across the tongue, malt up front, citrusy hop flavors hit in the middle and finshes with a pleasant NW hop bitterness, lingering after the beer is gone. This is a great beer Dude. It traveled well in the grower. Only very slight oxidation but not distracting from the flavor at all. I could drink this all day...I think I will :D

Edit - Is this Serem? Drinks more like a Double IPA

Next up - Red Eye Rye from Iron Orr Brewing, Hampton VA. (You all know where that is).

Great beer Dude!

Deep red with some chill haze. Little to no head retention yet leaves belgian lace on side of the glass as I drink. Medium body. Biscuity malt flavors give way to the perfect balance of malt, hops and a slight roastiness. Janet just keeps saying how much she loves it! Very clean. I'd order this at my local...every night! :mug:

I look forward to being at a point where I can swap/trade beers with the rest of you all. I figure unless some magic happens on a particular brew, it will be a long time before I am worthy.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

Brewtopia said:
I didn't want this to get lost in the "right now I'm drinking" thread because I wanted to pay special attention to those beers that I acquired fom my good friends at NHC in Denver. First up is a beer that Dude brought out from Duclaw Brewing.

Venom - They list this as an American Pale Ale on their sight. It drinks bigger than a pale to me. (This is Venom right Dude?) Perfect balance of malt and hops. Medium body across the tongue, malt up front, citrusy hop flavors hit in the middle and finshes with a pleasant NW hop bitterness, lingering after the beer is gone. This is a great beer Dude. It traveled well in the grower. Only very slight oxidation but not distracting from the flavor at all. I could drink this all day...I think I will :D

Edit - Is this Serem? Drinks more like a Double IPA

Definitely Venom, I promise! I know it isn't Serum because I wanted to get that instead, but it wasn't available. I think it was changed as well, or at least maybe inconsistent from batch to batch. The first time I had it, it wasn't as harsh of a bitterness. I had a growler about a year ago and then I bought 2 recently, one to bring for you and one for a party we had here. At the party I was the only one drinking it because it tasted way bigger than an APA. The one a year ago really turned me onto DuClaw.

Thanks for the Red Eye Rye compliments. I really enjoy drinking that beer too.

I had an Alaskan Smoked Porter 2006 last night, WOW that stuff is so great. Huge smokiness and a perfect balance all the way around as far as malt and hops. I didn't detect a big difference from the 2005 and 2006 versions as far as smoke.

This is such a stellar beer.

Back