beer went flat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tasteofgrape

Reaction score
I'm new at kegging , Saturday I filled a growler and OMG the beer was perfect.. again on Sunday-PERFECT
(had put 20lbs of CO2 from the bottom on several times for about 5 days)
went to get some beer today (Tuesday) and beer is almost flat

What do I need to do when I finish filling a growler to keep my beer perfect and can I fix my flat beer.

TIA
Teressa

Are you saying the beer in the keg is flat? What do you mean by "had put 20lbs of CO2 from the bottom on several times for about 5 days". To carbonate the beer you need to put it at pressure and leave it there, using this chart to determine pressure to use at a given temp. If you're using 20psi you won't want to leave it there too long or it will become overcarbed.

If this post is about a growler going flat after you've opened it and started drinking it, that's just par for the course. Without a source of CO2 replacing what is lost it's going to go flat once you open it, like a 2L bottle of soda.

+1. If you're talking about the growler being flat then drink faster.

Filling a growler off the tap is nice if you want to take it somewhere but you're missing the point of kegging if you're filling growlers then pouring it into a glass

Latest posts

Back