Beer Value

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian13

Reaction score
Are there any beers in Texas that have any trade value? I have a list of beers that I would like to try but the only way of getting them is through trade. I live in Austin though, and it seems like there are no beers with real trade value being distributed here. Am I wrong?

I'm from Texas, but I didn't get into craft beer until after I left and joined the Navy, so I'm not up on the beer scene there. If you can find some that you think are worth trading, I'd be willing to trade with you. It doesnt need to be super hyped or highly sought after or anything like that. Just high quality. I'm in Connecticut so if you want to give me your list I can find out what I have here to trade. Cheers!

I would think some of the Jester King beers might be worth a look. Very limited distribution and mostly only found in 750 ml bottles. Since you're in Austin you should take a tour if you haven't already. $10 gets you a glass and about 10 samples.

I'm from Texas, but I didn't get into craft beer until after I left and joined the Navy, so I'm not up on the beer scene there. If you can find some that you think are worth trading, I'd be willing to trade with you.

I can get pretty much anything from:
Jester King
Southern Star (I have some of their Pro Am 12 and it is great. I understand it is pretty limited too.)
south Austin brewing. (love their golden Ale)
Real ale
Saint Arnolds
austin Beer Works
Independence

There might be some out of state beers that we get that you dont. So let me know if any of that sounds good. Or if there is something else you might be interested in.

Karbach's Hellfighter Bourbon Barrell Aged would be of good trade value if you can find some when it's released in Houston (might already be). Not Austin, but probably a very tradeable beer!

I live in Dallas and have only done one beer trade, but my advice is Jester King is good for trades, and any other local Texas beers. Most Texas beers don't distribute outside Texas, so while people may not be actively looking for it, to get new beer is always a good thing. And the Saint Arnolds Divine Release series are sought after. The Rahr special releases can get a little credit in trade.

i think some of the live oak stuff is pretty tradeworthy. I wanted to bring some back with me but they don't bottle, correct? you could always trade growlers...

i think some of the live oak stuff is pretty tradeworthy. I wanted to bring some back with me but they don't bottle, correct? you could always trade growlers...

See, I can always get growlers of their stuff but I didnt think they held carbonation well in a trade situation.

See, I can always get growlers of their stuff but I didnt think they held carbonation well in a trade situation.

depends on the type of growler and how well it's filled/sealed. should be good for a few weeks. expensive to ship though.

Back