Beer that makes you salivate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5mooth0perator

Reaction score
What kind of beer makes you salivate? I see that some are supposed to have a dry finish, I'm curious if there are beers that are sort of opposite of this.

don't know of any that make me LITERALLY drool, but I get that way figuratively thinking about Lost Rhino's Dark Hours or Old Ox's Big Tasty, both bourbon barrel stouts

Doesn't happen every time, but when I test/taste one of my own that I can tell is going to be terrific once it's done, I drool just thinking about the first pour off the keg. Pliny clone I brewed last weekend is one of them. Just dry hopped it and of course drank the hydrometer sample. It's even better than the first one I did back in April. Can't wait!

don't know of any that make me LITERALLY drool, but I get that way figuratively thinking about Lost Rhino's Dark Hours or Old Ox's Big Tasty, both bourbon barrel stouts

Ideally beers that converge on salivation in both the literal and Pavlovian sense.

Ultra sour beers literally make me salivate.

I had forgotten this is true

plus, with really sour sours, I also get this ZAP! feeling in my neck, below the ears, right behind my lower jaw... like I'm being jabbed by heavy-duty cattle prods

I had forgotten this is true

plus, with really sour sours, I also get this ZAP! feeling in my neck, below the ears, right behind my lower jaw... like I'm being jabbed by heavy-duty cattle prods

I'm in the same boat here. Sours definitely make me salivate, and that ZAP! feeling is a good one (for me, at least).

hehe it seems that extreme beers are the most likely to induce salivating.

Brewco_Extreme_Beers_Final.jpg

AS much as I love quads, barleywines, stouts, they don't make me physically salivate. But lighter and fruitier beers do. Sip of Sunshine, Mainerweisse, and Fritz Briem's Gruit (not fruity) definitely make me salivate. And so does New Belgium Terroir which also makes me pucker up.

Before having a taste of it, it's about appearance. For a long time I've been saying that the beer must speak to me from across the room. It must be sexy.

I love having a good looking beer, it sort of boosts the experience. A Guinness can be one of those because of the head. That thick offwhite head in contrast to its black body. Yummie.

But. Also a bavarian hefeweizen, with its golden hue, not clear, hazy, and full golden, poured properly in a proper glass gives me stars in my eyes. It's like laying your eyes upon a blonde and slender bavarian girl with healthy boobs, and she's asking you to take a sip of her.

That's sexy and it makes me salivate just like I'm doing when I'm at the freshly baked department in the store.

I had just finished push mowing my giant lawn yesterday in the 80 degree sun (that's hot for here), and my brother in-law pulled in the driveway with an iced down cooler with some Labatt Blues, I immediately started salivating! haha.

The Maharaja by Avery. I've only ever had it once, on draft ~8 years ago, and it still makes my mouth water when I think of it. I need to just man up and make a clone.

The Maharaja by Avery. I've only ever had it once, on draft ~8 years ago, and it still makes my mouth water when I think of it. I need to just man up and make a clone.

Never had Maharaja, but its little brother Raja is amazing. Probably my favorite commercial IPA I've tried.

They have done you the favor of listing the recipe on their website. Its one of my favorites too. Its cool that a beer as old as it is still relevany today.

Lawson sip of sunshine and ipas like that make me salivate, so does the hunt for the next.

Back