Beer tailored to me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessebymail

Reaction score
So in the interest of brewing what I like, how I like it, and with what I want I have a recipe. I love SNPA and I love lagers. I also grow nugget, cascade, mt. Hood and williamette. I want to put all this together into my ideal beer.
How does 90% 2 row 10% crystal 60 sound for grain?
Im not at my sofrware but probably 9lbs 2 row and 1.5 crystal.
.75 oz nugget and .5 mt. Hood at 60 mins
. 5 oz mt hood and .5 cascade at 30 mins
1 oz cascade at 5 mins
And wyeast 1035 american lager for yeast
Does this sound good? Tasty?
My snpa recipe uses magnum pearle and cascade are mt hood and nugget good substitutions for those? How about the williamette ive never had it.

Williamette is fugglish and if I remember right, sierra nevadas celebration is somewhere around 85 - 88% base, 12- 15% crystal. Excellent beer, but more hops than you have to offset sweetness. Depending on efficiency, you will have an ipa gravity with a pale's hops

Great advice,
After looking at hopularity i think the willamette would be a better sub for the perle, I want the floral spicy flavor. Also I will raise the willamette to .5 oz at 60 and that gives me 48 ibu's. Using 8.5# base and 1.5# crystal im at 85% and 15% there and 12L

Now a days, 48 ibus is not really even in the ipa range. Also, if you are looking for flavor, don't add to 60 min addition (bittering) add towards the end of the boil (10 min or less). I just noticed the lager yeast portion of your recipe. Depending on your tastes, 15% may be too sweet, but personally, I would go for it and if after bulk lagering its too sweet, I would dry hop and bottle.

Im looking for a lagered version of my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone basically. Do you know snpa's lovibond? I just estimated

Thanks for the info I am just messing around with Brew Pal at work and having way too much fun creating recipes. Im a little ahead of myself though so i appreciate advice.

I made it 5 batches before i started making my own. Lots of beers didn't come out like I imagined, but have enjoyed learning what works

Back