Beer psi question..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylo_k2008

Reaction score
Hey I am not sure if this post is in the right category, but I just bought a keg of four peaks - kiltlifter (local beer from here in Phoenix, AZ) and I am not sure what psi to set the co2 to. Is the pressure all the same for all beers?

Scottish Ale carbonation levels run between 1.5 to 2.4 volumes. Check this chart, and set your CO2 regulator for the beer temperature and carbonation level you desire...

Cheers!

[edit] Kudos on the score. That's a pretty well regarded brew if BA is to be believed...

Two different settings. To serve, typical setting is 6-8 psi. To force carb, at 65 degrees I typically use 22psi. Use the chart to find what psi to carbonate at and then drop it to 6-8 psi to serve.

If your beer is sitting at roughly 36 degrees, then yes, that's the psi to carb at. I carb at room temp do I need about 22psi.

ok because yeah mine is set at 37 degrees. How long do I have to let it sit before I can drink it?

Tylo, I've enjoyed a couple kegs of Kiltlifter and with my kegerator at 38˚ I found 10psi was great. Now then, PM me your address and I'll be right over. ;)

Edit: I let commercial kegs sit in the kegerator till the next day before taping to give it time to settle down. But, that's just me.

Latest posts

Back