beer pizza dough, any good ideas to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pujiman

Reaction score
I wanna make some beer dough pizza with some of the brews I've made, but I'm but quite sure how I'd go about this any ideas?

You would just replace the liquid in a recipe with Beer. We had a pizza place when I was growing up that used beer in the recipe of their dough, of course, they weren't giving it out and only family worked there.

From my thoughts, I'd think you'd do well to go with something malt forward and not too hoppy. A nice roasted malt flavor would go great in a pizza dough, imo. I'm not sure how the hops would hold up though going through the heating of the crust, so for the first batch I'd stay away from heavily hopped beers. That is only my opinion though, never made any myself.

I wanna make some beer dough pizza with some of the brews I've made, but I'm but quite sure how I'd go about this any ideas?
I heard Sean Paxton talk about drying out spent grain then milling it to flour. Adding it in as part of the flour addition in a std pizza dough recipe. That should be a malty tasting recipe.

Back