Beer Out QD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialized

Reaction score
I've got a corny where the beer line out QD is near impossible to get on. It takes about 5 minutes to get on. I still don't know what the trick is.

It's not the QD itself. I've tried the QD on other kegs and it snaps on fine. I'm guessing it's the poppet. Anyone know what I should do to try to remedy or diagnose the problem?

Try some keg lube on the o-ring, might just do the trick ;)

I took it apart and noticed all the o-rings were galled up. I replaced them and now it slides on with a little persuasion.

New problem though. On one of my cornies the gas in dip tube is stuck in the post. Aren't they all supposed to come out like in the picture? Any tricks to loosen a stubborn dip tube?

p8240820.jpg

I've never seen one that isn't. You should be able to see the gasket between the dip tube and the post. If it looks like the rest of them, whack away.

pounding didn't do the trick.

I ended up getting it out with a clamp. I spanned a 2x4 across the rubber on the corny and had the other end of the clamp on the dip tube. A couple squeezes on the trigger and the tube came loose.

Back