Beer Not carbonating! Need help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wescoug

Reaction score
Hi all I recently started brewing and received an Irish Red Ale kit from Northern Brewer. Everything went according to plan (except for my fermentation went too quickly due to a few hot days). And after two weeks primary and two weeks in bottle i cooled a few down and opened them. There was very minimal carbonation so i waited another week and still very minimal carbonation. So my question is should i double cap with my red baron capper(cap once spin bottle 90 degrees and cap again). Or is the bottles i'm using non-reusable. I am using Pacifico bottles.

I tried to cap Pacifico bottles before but I have found they don't keep a tight seal. I was also able to forcefully turn them on the bottle which isn't really supposed to happen. I always use lagunitas or Sierra. Easy to delabel and work great

If the seal is the issue, they should be completely flat.

Three weeks @ 70 degrees is the baseline for normal gravity beers to carb up. Cooler temps and higher gravities can take longer.

If you have some carbonation, the process is working - just give it another week or two. If still flat, give it another week.

Latest posts

Back