Beer machine leaks around main seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently purchased the beer machine and during the pressure test it leaked out the side. I've tried replacing the main seal but thay didn't work. Just wondering if anyone has a beer machine and how often you have to ge inside it. Im thinking about glueing the seal in. Thanks Tasty_beverage

I have one! I used it twice, I think. I never made a good beer with it and put it in the basement in about 2003.

You open it to clean it each time you make a batch of beer, so gluing it is a bad idea. It leaks when you use it?

When I did a pressure test I gave it a small hit of CO2 and it all can flowinf out of the right hand back corner. After a while ot stopped but if it leaks when pressure is applied will that effect conditioning and serving?

When I did a pressure test I gave it a small hit of CO2 and it all can flowinf out of the right hand back corner. After a while ot stopped but if it leaks when pressure is applied will that effect conditioning and serving?

Yes, I would think so. It shouldn't leak at all. When you pressure tested it, you used water in the fermenter, and then gave it a shot of co2?

Back