"Beer Machine" - 7 Days and bubblin' bubblin'!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawarner

Reaction score
Having read many posts here, I know the "Beer Machine" is frowned upon -- but hey -- it's my introduction to home brewing and I love it!

Question: I am brewing my first batch and after 7 days, the fermentation process seems to be going stronger than ever. I was under the impression that the bubbling out of the top valve would wane after 4-5 days but it is now 7 days and --- it's going stronger than ever!

Am I doing something wrong? :-/ Or do I continue to wait until... well, until WHEN??

Thanks ---- happy to be a NOOBeer!

I started my brewing with the Beer Machine 2000! That was a while ago, but I remember the basics of it.

The instructions are just simply wrong. The beer takes as long as it takes. I remember trying to "hurry" it up a bit, as the instructions said it would be ready to drink it like 2 weeks. But it really does take longer.

I know it's hard, but wait. Not only to you want to let it ferment out, you also want to let it clear up a bit. You don't want to drink muddy bog water! But if you give it more time, it will finish up and then clear up a bit.

Yup, just let her go. When the bubbles slow to almost nil (or none) and you taste it and it isn't sweet, it's done. But, waiting another week after that won't hurt either.

I have the BM 2000 also. Right now, I'm just using it as a fermenter for my first extract batch, it will be a Rasberry Imperial Stout. I have one more mix left that I'm gonna spruce up with a gallon of wort made with a lb of LME, some leaf hops and 8oz of steeping grains, then I'm hoping to get real brewing equipment for Christmas.

The BM 2000 is easy to use and makes halfway decent beer, I don't like how it really goes through the CO2 cylinders though.

Thank you very much for your replies. This forum is just terrific! I can see myself graduating to a full brewery for long:)

The BM 2000 is easy to use and makes halfway decent beer, I don't like how it really goes through the CO2 cylinders though.

Unfortunately, I never made a decent beer with it. I put it away and forgot about it for a long time, and didn't use it more than about 3 times. I still have those "beer mixes" in the basement somewhere!

Ima noob, but the bubbling can be deceiving and you need to use a hydrometer to make sure it's done fermenting. Fermentation time depends so much on temperature and the pitching/quality of the yeast used.

so how long u wait with the bubbling more then 7 days?
how was the beer?

You still have to wait for it to be done, and sometimes that's quite a bit longer than 7 days.

The beer sucked badly, I"m afraid. I never made anything drinkable with it. I still have the little fermenter and some of the beer mixes in the basement. They were too expensive to throw out, but not good enough to use for beer.

Hello, sorry to start this conversation up again, but it's a question regarding these 'beer mixes'. Do you need a beer machine to make them, or can I make them in a carboy? A friend of mine was at a flea market, and picked up 6 pilsner mixes for $10 total. He gave them to me because I have an interest in the hobby.

I'm not looking to buy a unit, but just brew it in a carboy. Reading the instructions, it says to just add water, don't mix, and then add the yeast. Since these instructions are for the machine, would it be safe to add water, mix it, then add yeast, and put in carboy with airlock and ferment? Or am I missing something, or is it impossible without the unit? Any help is greatly appreciated! :fro:

I'm sure you could do it that way. They are just pre-hopped extracts. You would just need to bottle or find another serving vessel. My only concern would be the age. Freshness matters in all beer ingredients, especially extract. I'd also get new yeast as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back