Beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel11

Reaction score
I clean the lines regularly, whenever I replace the keg, but have never replaced the lines. Is that necessary? Beer seems to taste fine. Have been using the keg for many years, mebbe 15.
Thanks,
Mike

If for no other reason that anything poly breaks down over time, and it would sure suck to have one break. I change mine every year or two

I've been using my car for about 7 years. Still works...don't need a new one.

If @FuzzeWuzze (hi neighbor) could explain why an annual hose swap is beneficial, I'd like to hear it too as my lines are about three years old and still holding up fine IMO.

thanks for the replies... have not replaced lines before... do i need to buy new hardware, or can i disconnect the existing and reuse? any tricks to installation?
thanks

I replace mine every year-ish. The line is so cheap I figure why not? You can reuse the hardware. Maybe replace the hose clamps if you're feeling ambitious. On trick that I've learned is heating the end of the hose with my wife's hairdryer. Makes it more plyable and easier to slip over the barbs

Latest posts

Back