Beer line valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gengasi

Reaction score
I have a 16 year old in the house which i suspect are drinking from my keezer. I have ordered a padlock which i intend to use to lock the keezer.

That doesn't solve the issue with the faucet itself though. I see people say that just disconnecting the ball lock is the best choice. Personally i believe it might be best to use these valves from kegland instead. What do you think? Would it result in foaming issues?

Attachments

• -1656503095-1198672334.jpg
    -1656503095-1198672334.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 15
Beer Faucet Lock — Keg Factory

I may used this when the in-laws come over
Please note - this lock will not work with Perlick 650SS, 630SS or Intertap faucets

Having an issue with this as well. I didn't quite size the gas struts powerful enough and also have a limited lid clearance so I have been mulling a solution to this myself that does not involve the inside of the keezer. One initial thought I had for a tap side lock is maybe a board with holes drilled for the tap levers. Maybe split the board long ways in half, attach to the taps, and then secure. I have Intertap faucets plus nearly $100+ for the 4 locks is annoying. He does have a job now though so maybe I should make him pay for locks if I find some.

Clever dog camera very good, runs off 5v and triggered by movement sends a message when activated and takes a still picture as well. Can watch in real time and also speak down it if you want to. I have mine set watching a mouse and rat trap. It was the only live sport available during covid lockdown.

https://www.cleverdog.online/en/

Wondering which bit of the mother in law to attach it to? Maybe for the broomstick ?

Joking aside few other lock options here

https://www.kegerators.com/faucet-locks/

The shut off valves you showed will be inside the kegerator. Why not just take the liquid line off the keg? Once kegerator locked and disconnected no flow and no purchase/ plumbing etc needed.
Not Mother- Law, but Brother in Law. You know the type you never say, "Make yourself at home, stay as long as you like and can I get you anything?"

Forgot about those ones. Need some bad beer in the lines if they are unsupervised.
I used to have to go and buy the cheapest wine available when my mother and father in law arrived as they had no appreciation of good wine at all.

Brew a batch of Laxative Ale. Ex-lax chocolate stout mmmm oh oh.

Good one! Reminds me of the old bartender prank that involved eyedrops. always be nice to your servers before you get your food and drink!

I was thinking a pepper tincture ... heavy on the reapers. Then again, cleaning out the lines may be a hassle.

I have a 16 year old in the house which i suspect are drinking from my keezer. I have ordered a padlock which i intend to use to lock the keezer.

That doesn't solve the issue with the faucet itself though. I see people say that just disconnecting the ball lock is the best choice. Personally i believe it might be best to use these valves from kegland instead. What do you think? Would it result in foaming issues?

Those work great. They are for EVAbarrier line.
20210323_120502.jpg

Be careful if you add diuretics to the beer. You won't be able to drink fast enough.

Laxatives a fun idea, with a note on the toilet roll saying " now you're in the s**t"

I'm wondering how effectively that valve can be cleaned if it can't be fully disassembled.

An earlier post mentioned a method of for discouraging beer moochers from scheduling their own impromptu party at your house. Purchase an extra beer dip tube and cut it a half dozen inches below the current beer level. When the keg "kicks" the party is over and the real friends will stay behind to help with the cleanup. Surprise, this keg isn't empty after all (I wonder how that happened) . :bigmug:

Wouldn't cause foaming issues if you installed it in the gas line

Honestly, if you're putting a lock on the keezer, just turn off the gas at the valve between the co2 cylinder and the first keg takeoff.

Back