Beer in the Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norn_irn

Reaction score
Ive bottled my beer now 3 weeks ago, had a sample last week and coming along nicely.
my question is.....once its carbed, how long have i got to drink it lol. I followed kit instructions for the priming. would there be a possibility for bottle bombs?

it depends on the type of beer, but generally you have plenty of time. If kept away from light and at normal temperatures (i.e. reasonable room temps), most beers will easily last up to about a year before they start to turn on you. After a few months the hops aroma will begin to decrease, but that often isn't so much of a problem. Beers with higher alcohol levels can be kept much longer, some people age them for years. Assuming that the beers were primed correctly, you should not have to worry about bottle bombs as once the remaining yeast consume the priming sugar that you added, they will have nothing left to utilize to create CO2 and the beer will stabilize at the appropriate CO2 level.

Back