beer in my gas line and regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belmont

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. I saw a thread here where someone suggested turning the bottle upside to carbonate with the carbonator cap. I tried this weekend and must have not had enough pressure on because I got beer in my line and regulator. What do I need to do to get this cleaned out and ready to use again?

The elbow grease gets the beer cleaned out of the lines and regulator body.

The rebuild kit replaces the fiber diaphragm in the regulator.

The check valve (aka backflow preventer) on the regulator out port makes sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for further clarification. Any more specifics about the process for cleaning the line? Could I just use BLC like I do for my beer lines? Where would you find a replacement fiber diaphragm for the regular?

BLC works. Prolly just need some hot water unless the beer has dried inside. The BLC is more for BeerStone (Calcium Oxalate) removal.

Beverage supplys carry them as do many online HBS. Worst case, Google the manufacturer of the reg and find your local retailer maybe even buy direct.

Yeah--- that's my call too. Throw away the gas line. It's cheap. Also a +1 on the check valve. You never think the extra $12 is worth it till you screw it up and need a $20 rebuild kit.

: )

Back