beer hasnt carbonated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon112

Reaction score
I made a winter beer that has aged in the secondary for roughly 3-4 weeks. I bottled it about a week and a half ago. I tried one beer and there was NO carbonation, and ZERO Head to the beer. I have never had this issue and there should be carbonation after this amount of time.

I guess I will have to let it sit for longer, but any ideas as to how to fix it and what could have gone wrong.

I added 3/4 a cup of corn sugar and racked beer on top of it prior to bottling

ideas?

I made a winter beer that has aged in the secondary for roughly 3-4 weeks. I bottled it about a week and a half ago. I tried one beer and there was NO carbonation, and ZERO Head to the beer. I have never had this issue and there should be carbonation after this amount of time.

I guess I will have to let it sit for longer, but any ideas as to how to fix it and what could have gone wrong.

I added 3/4 a cup of corn sugar and racked beer on top of it prior to bottling

ideas?

At least 3 weeks at 70 degrees for average beers. Revvy will be here any second...

20-21 degrees C will be a good temperature for bottle carbonation. I know some breweries do it at 15-16 degrees C for a month or longer. Warmer temperatures are what ale yeast likes. Generally bottle condition at the same temperature as fermentation for ales.

Latest posts

Back