Beer for my bmc buddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessebymail

Reaction score
Hey HBT, I owe a buddy of mine big and I was going to brew him a batch of beer. He drinks Budweiser but mostly because its cheap and he can drink 10-15 of them. He usually drinks my homebrew but I dont think he likes hops or stouts. Im trying to come up with a recipe for him but if you all have any ideas i would like to hear them. Color doesnt matter just want something malty smooth and refreshing. Very little hops maybe just a FW addition. This will be an all grain batch. Maybe a pilsner? No lagers I tried to make a budweiser already and didnt turn out well. I appreciate the help :) oh and hes all over anything irish so maybe a malty irish red recipe?

Uh...

You want to make a good lawnmower ale with pilsner malt consider a Kolsch. Other than that a nice simple APA might be ideal.

While I personally love Kolsch it does have a kinda unique flavor that sometimes puts the BMC crowd off a bit.

I have a really good Pilsner recipe (sort of a coors knock off) or a basic American Pale Ale...both are big hits with the BMC crowd and I brew them all the time. PM me if you would like the recipes.

:mug:

Thanks great ideas. What about 9 lbs 2-row .5 oz Perle @ FW .5 Perle @ 30 .5 Perle @ 5 mins with us-05? Mashed at 155 for 60. I have that fermenting no idea how it will taste i was just using what i had left.

Back