Beer for a wedding on November 15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
Hi all

In about 2 months I'll be serving 6-7 kegs of beer at my wedding party. Through some crazy circumstances, the wedding has been moved up to that date as opposed to next May when I thought it was going to be.

This puts a damper on my brewing plans because I have a bunch of full kegs now and beer in carboys, but am not sure if they'll still be good in 2 months.

I have an ESB, porter, and Vienna Lager in kegs right now.

ESB: kegged for a week, brewed August 14
Vienna Lager: kegged 3 weeks, brewed August 1
Porter: Kegged August 9, brewed mid July

Will any of these beers last flavor wise until November 15th? I know they're not hoppy beers which are meant to be drank fresh, but these all 3 taste great now and I have to decide which of the kegs (if any) to drink up and keg something new that I'm brewing now because they won't be nearly as good 2 months from now.

Thanks all.

The porter and vienna lager for sure will not be have any issues with more aging. I cant speak to the ESB but assume it would be just fine as well.

You shouldn't have any issues but if some of the kegs taste off you can serve them last. So that way everyone has had a few and probably won't be able to taste anything.

Doing the same for my daughters wedding in October, but there are 4 of us doing different brews, each responsible for 2 kegs. finished dry hopping and have them sitting under pressure. Will chill in a few weeks and they should be good to go.

best of luck to you on this and your wedding party!

Back