Beer Bottle storage container idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ottis

Reaction score
I was over at walMart today, they have Sterilite plastic file storage containers (17 1/4 x 14 1/4 x 10 5/8) (#1693 blue) on a back-to-school roll back for $3.oo each. It looked about the same size as a standard milk crate, only a little wider, so I bought one.
30 12oz beer bottles fit in it almost perfectly.
I didn't see these on the walmart website so I don't know if all the stores would have them.
I'm going to stock up.:D

LG1_16931006.jpg

I use file storage crates for my bottles. Not as nice as those ones, but got them for free on freecyle. Not as sturdy as milk crates, but being legit beats stealing. I had to cut out plywood for the bottom of mine so none fall through. As a bonus they stack really nice because they nest in each other.

I have quite a few of those full of bottles as well. I cut a square of cardboard to fit in the bottom so they're easier to use when they're not completely full. The holes in the bottom of the crate are a pain in the ass otherwise.

Back