Beer Alchemy Mash/Sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golphur

Reaction score
I have been using Beer Advocate for about a year for extract brewing but just built a Mash Tun this weekend and plan to do some all-grain brewing over Thanksgiving. I plan on batch sparging

I was really expecting Beer Alchemy to tell me the specific details of the Mash and Sparge in the given recipe if I selected the single infusion 154 etc. Example, dough in with 4.2 gallons of 170 degree water for one hour then add 3.1 gallons of 185 degree water for sparging.

I was really hoping it was this intuitive but I'm actually finding that the online web calculators are giving me the info I am looking for. A little disappointed that I'm not finding this detail in BA. Is it just me not finding the correct settings in BA? Or am I going to have to use the web apps for my needs?

Thanks for any help.

Not sure if this helps, but if you select "print brew day instructions" it will give you temperature, amount and time.

Yeah it's all under the instructions. Once I figured out the proper specs for my mash tun, I found the Beer Alchemy instructions to be spot on as far as temperature and volume.

Back