Beefed up input for CF Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty

Reaction score
So ive been planning on building a CF Chiller and just got around to it. The only issue ive had with all the other designs is the use of the compression fitting at the end or just squeezing a tube on the end of the chiller. Never seemed that it wouldn't get kinked.

I was going to do Cheyco's design for a now solder set up
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/cheycos-cfc-9395/
had to buy solder anyhow so just went with Bobbys CF with my own Mods

This was what i did to beef up the input and outputs from the kettle to the fermenter.

Parts list
20 feet of refrigeration tubing

1.5 inch of 1/2 inch copper on all 3 sides of the tee with a 1/2 inch MNPT fitting.

The barbed fitting is a regular 1/2 inch barb X 1/2 MIP Watts fitting with the inside diameter reamed to 25/64.

I soldered the barb fitting one side and assembled the CF just as you would any other. Once i had the coil i found the opposite end, cut to length, and soldered the barb in place. On vacation soon. Will post an up date on how well it works.

Rock Chalk

Chris

100_0888.jpg

Almost forgot. Use a pair of wrenches and crank down the barb fittings and they wont leak w/o pipe thread.

Also i forgot the hose clamps. Will add them later.

Chris

Back