BCD to IPAD2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you have not set it up to connect to your wireless network yet?

ECC Forum • View topic - WIFI Option for BCS460

One thing that can be tricky, is if you don't set the static IP of the BCS with the router you are using it will assign one to it. you can go in to the administrator gui for the router and assess the DCHP client log to see what IP address it was assigned.

after you are running it on a network, log on to the same network and you should find it.

The above will help, you just really need to get the BCS on your network somehow then you need to get your Ipad on your network and use the proper IP Address to connect to it. Either use an Ethernet Cable or a WiFi Bridge.

My big question is; Why do you want to use a BCS if you are computer challenged? Have you already built and configured your brewrig (or whatever you are using the BCS for)? Are you going to be able to setup the BCS for your application?

Not trying to come off wrong, I just don't want to see anyone drop that much money on a piece of hardware/software and not be able to utilize it. :mug:

maybe computer challenged is a bad word. I did build and wire my whole system mechanical and electrical! someone else connected/configured the BCS to a laptop/internet connection. The laptop has been rendered INOP so I have an IPAD and want to use BREWBUDY to run the BCS.

maybe computer challenged is a bad word. I did build and wire my whole system mechanical and electrical! someone else connected/configured the BCS to a laptop/internet connection. The laptop has been rendered INOP so I have an IPAD and want to use BREWBUDY to run the BCS.

So I'm going to assume that you have a Wireless Router and your BCS is connected to your network. If this is the case then you really should just need the IP Address of the BCS. The easiest way to get this is to call that "someone else" to see if they wrote that IP Address down somewhere. Your next best bet is to login to your router (usually 192.168.1.1 in your browser) and look for a menu item that says Connected Devices. One of those IP Addresses will likely be your BCS as long as it's on and connected.

Give me an idea of what you've got and I'll do my best to help you out. Do you have another computer connected to your home network? This will help tremendously in finding the BCS Address so you can use the App on your iPad.

Back